Granola is simple to make, easy to customize, and versatile to use. Thinking beyond breakfast, it makes for an healthy snack option when you’re on the road, in need of a get-me-through-to-dinner, or want to “zhuzh” up a salad or baked chicken.
Inspired by pumpkin pie, this granola recipe is loaded with warm spices for a fall flavour that will feel like a big hug on those cold mornings! Layer it into a parfait with your favourite yogurt, add it to your cereal bowl for a hint of crunch, or just indulge in a handful as your afternoon snack!
Pumpkin Pie Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups mixed chopped nuts almonds, pecans, walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F; line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, nuts, coconut, and flaxseed.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the syrup, pumpkin puree, butter, sugar, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Cook, stirring until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the rolled oats and stir to coat until no dry oats remain.
- Transfer granola mixture to baking sheet and spread as thinly and evenly as possible. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even baking, until granola is toasted and golden, but not brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow to cool completely.Stir in cranberries.Store in airtight container for up to one week.